Thursday 30 July 2015

Hey there knitters . . .

At this point, I'm sure all you vintage knitters out there will be familiar with the treasure trove of scanned magazine archives that is . . . well . . . er. . . Trove.  Between that and the other internet sources that so generously share their scanned patterns, my Ravelry favourites have slowly crept up to over 900 patterns!

Last night, my mania for unnecessary organising (coupled with a desire to find a good 20's sweater for my next project) impelled me stay up half the night sorting the darn things by decade.  I could probably have found a better way to spend an evening, but now that the deed is done I thought I may as well share the fruits of my labour with you in the hopes that it may be of some use to somebody else out there.

A few quick words of warning first:

I did not check each and every link of my 900+ faves to see that they were still active, so apologies if some of them have disappeared since I first saved them.  99% of them are free patterns, but I did notice that a few now seem to be charging a small fee.  Lastly, not all the pictures are of the greatest quality, but I'm not too fussy about that when there are free patterns involved - the majority of them are good enough to get a general impression of what you are knitting.

so with out further ado . . .







(ps. blogging has been a bit sparse around here lately because Mr. B has started working from home and thus his computer time takes precedence over mine.  I will continue to try and snatch the odd moment here and there to stay in touch)

No comments:

Post a Comment