Tuesday 16 June 2015

Tap Dance Tuesday



I haven't been up to much tap dance wise this past week due to a foot injury (possibly a micro-fracture - yikes! but as I've told Mr B, having to get foot x-rays makes me feel like a proper dancer) and that includes watching other tap dancers do their thing.  I did get out to a solo jazz workshop at the weekend run by the loveliest group of local lindy hoppers and had a great time, injured foot and all.  

Anyway, I rustled this clip up for you just now, so let me tell you a bit about it.  Miriam LaVelle is not actually considered a tap dancer, (watching this clip I'm pretty sure the tapping sounds and the actual footwork don't match up).  She was known as a "speciality/acrobatic" dancer and is having a bit of a resurgence of interest in her career at the moment.  If you're interested in learning more about her, I would suggest this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment