Tuesday 27 May 2014

tap dance tuesday


Previously I mentioned that earlier this year I took up tap dancing again.  I say again, but the reality is that the last time I'd had taps on my feet I was probably 12 years old and in my parent's garage with a plus sized nun my dad had arranged to teach me tap dancing (I could explain that whole situation a bit more, but I think not - it's a pretty great image as it stands.  Man was she light on her feet!).  I don't remember ever progressing beyond the kick-ball-change stage.

Anyway, after several years of dreaming about it, I took the plunge and actually bought myself a new pair of tap shoes.  A (admittedly not extensive) search online has not turned up any adult tap classes in the Belfast area, so I have been making do with online videos.  

Now I don't know if any of you have ventured into the world of YouTube tap tutorials, but they can be a bit  . . . mmm, how to put it without insulting the lovely men and women who have taken the time to post videos for ingrates like myself . . . uh . . . modern for my taste.  But time marches ever forward, and I feel that with a solid foundation I can apply it to more, ahem, backward looking dancing.


In the meantime, I keep myself inspired with this sort of thing.  "Best tap and dancer and drummer in the world" (did I mention that I used to be a drummer in a younger life) is a pretty bold statement.  I leave it to you to decide if this is true.



Incidentally, if anyone knows of any adult tap classes in the Belfast area do please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment